Keep up with our parenting classes, fundraisers and awareness events here and on our Facebook pages!
Help out with our Anger- Wranglers and Dino-Might Tykes classes to make a hands on difference!
Provide the resources necessary to continue to provide Lubbock and it's surrounding communities with FREE parenting classes and anger management!
News & Events
***Commercial Office Space For Lease*** - #5 Briercroft Office Park
Lubbock, Tx. 79412 - Upstairs - Approximately 1,150 Sq. ft. - 3 Large Offices & Receptionist Area - Call (806) 747-5577 for viewings.
2014 Blue Ribbon Rally Car & Bike Show benefiting the Family Guidance and Outreach Center of Lubbock: Saturday April 26th, 2014. Lubbock, Texas Depot Entertainment District.
Texas Hunger Initiative:YourTexasBenefits.com allows people to go online and apply, in a single application process, for social services like Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Programs (SNAP), Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), Medicaid, Long-term Case Services Program (LTC), and Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP).
Family Guidance & Outreach Center of Lubbock is working diligently to prevent child abuse and neglect, as well as to strengthen healthy family life.
Here are a few facts we must face:
• An average of 4 Lubbock County children a day fall victim to child abuse/neglect.
• Approximately 700 children are reported daily in Texas for child abuse/neglect.
• A child dies from abuse/neglect every 38 hours in the state of Texas.
• In Texas in 2012, there were 97,688 confirmed child victims of some form of abuse.
• In Lubbock County in 2012, there were 1,328 confirmed victims of child abuse.
• 226 children died due to child abuse/neglect in Texas in 2012.
• $85 Million Lubbock taxpayer dollars were spent in the last decade to care for children removed from their homes and placed in foster care.
What can we do as a community to ensure our children are safe?
• Wear a blue ribbon or pin so someone will ask why?
• Speak up!
• Share information.
• Volunteer with or Donate to agencies providing support to prevent child abuse.
• Decide that 4 of Lubbock’s children falling victim to child abuse/neglect daily is not acceptable, and engage in the change!
• Report child abuse and neglect when seen or suspected.
Explore our website to see what the Family Guidance and Outreach Center of Lubbock does to prevent Child abuse/neglect.