Keep up with our parenting classes, fundraisers and awareness events here and on our Facebook pages!
Help out with our Anger- Wranglers and Dino-Might Tykes classes to make a hands on difference!
Provide the resources necessary to continue to provide Lubbock and it's surrounding communities with FREE parenting classes and anger management!
Sunday, April 6, 2014 Memory Ride & Candlelight Vigil
In memory of the 156 children who lost their lives as a result of child abuse in 2013
Join us at Mackenzie Park at 3:30 Pm for Live music - we will ride at 4:30 pm to
Second Baptist church - 6109 Chicago Ave - where there will be a vigil and a meal
generously provided by Beef '0' Brady's.
Saturday, April 26, 2014 16th Annual Blue Ribbon Rally Classic Car and Bike Show
benefiting the Family Guidance and Outreach Center of Lubbock
Join us for a family fun day in Lubbock's Historic Depot Entertainment District
on Saturday, April 26, 2014 from 10 AM to 6 PM! Live bands, 250+ classic cars,
100+ awesome motorcycles, 55+ food and merchandise vendors,
a children's area and bicycle show, and much more!
Family Guidance & Outreach Center of Lubbock is working diligently to prevent child abuse and neglect, as well as to strengthen healthy family life.
Here are a few facts we must face:
• An average of 4 Lubbock County children a day fall victim to child abuse/neglect.
• Approximately 700 children are reported daily in Texas for child abuse/neglect.
• A child dies from abuse/neglect every 38 hours in the state of Texas.
• In Texas in 2012, there were 97,688 confirmed child victims of some form of abuse.
• In Lubbock County in 2012, there were 1,328 confirmed victims of child abuse.
• 226 children died due to child abuse/neglect in Texas in 2012.
• $85 Million Lubbock taxpayer dollars were spent in the last decade to care for children removed from their homes and placed in foster care.
What can we do as a community to ensure our children are safe?
• Wear a blue ribbon or pin so someone will ask why?
• Speak up!
• Share information.
• Volunteer with or Donate to agencies providing support to prevent child abuse.
• Decide that 4 of Lubbock’s children falling victim to child abuse/neglect daily is not acceptable, and engage in the change!
• Report child abuse and neglect when seen or suspected.
Explore our website to see what the Family Guidance and Outreach Center of Lubbock does to prevent Child abuse/neglect.